If you have a website that is facing different types of URL errors and having low crawling rate then you will have to visit the portion of website heath in the Google webmasters central tools where it identifies the URL errors like 404 errors, 500 errors etc.
Having (–) Dash in the URLs is better
URLs that open with – and _ make the search engines results spammy. Search engines rate these URLs as duplicate version when opens with and can be penalized as per Google Panda Update recommendation.
Here is an example:
URL Re-writing & 301 Redirect
It’s better to put 301 redirect on the URLs when re-writing the URLs.
URLs with Canonical Issue
When a website or website homepage opens with different URLs like
Then, it is recommended to put 301 redirect to make live one URL only.
Reason to change Dynamic URLS into Static URLs
- Search engines easily crawl static URLs.
- Static URLs are cleaner and descriptive that makes these URLs users friendly.
- Targeting anchor text in the URL helps to get the ranked for that specific anchor text.
- Dynamic URLs look spammy and also open one page with different URLs.
- Static URLs are also one of the ranking factors.
- Static URLs have high rate of CTR.
- Static URLs help to understand the page subject.
- Static URLs have the high popularity rate when it comes to SERPs.
- Dynamic URLs often cause for URL errors (404 Error, 500 Error and indexing error) rather than the static URLs.
Having Small Letters URLs
Having short length URLs are as important as the static URLs. Same problems happen with long length URLs like it is not user friendly as well as search engines. Short length URLs has much better popularity rate than the long length URLs.